Why Qet Exists
Feeling good about what you eat, how you live, and how you take care of yourself and your loved ones is both rewarding and empowering. Qet ("keet") Botanicals is based on these principles and was born out of the need for fresh and effective premium care for our face, body, and hair - without the use of toxins, synthetics, or harmful chemicals or preservatives. Having the skin and hair that you want begins with loving and nurturing what you already have. In products that we use every day, there's just no place for anything other than what is proven to be safe, effective, and the best that nature can provide.
We aren't beauty brokers - we're formulators and purveyors of our own unique, premium personal care products. Having suffered from sensitive skin, adult acne, Rosacea, and thyroid and negative changes in my health, something had to be changed, and unknown and excessive ingredients had to be eliminated from my daily routine. Additional insight on the beginning, the struggles, the inspiration, and the passion of the true beginning of Qet is detailed here. I had to know and understand 100% the ingredients I was using every day, and the Qet Botanicals' formulations we've come to know and trust were developed to address these skin concerns, as well as normal skin just needing pampering and safe nourishment. Blended with only the finest ingredients in hand-crafted, fresh batches, Qet is for your skin what the farmer's market is for your body. Not only do our ingredients benefit you, but they also benefit the land that they come from and the people who harvest them. We aren't chemists - we're the developers and users of these botanical, sumptuous care products that treat ourselves and our earth with equal respect. Shouldn't this be the goal of every product that we touch, use, and share with friends?
Hand-crafted from start to finish, 100% natural, and without a single drop of synthetic chemicals. This is something we can all believe in.
- Lisa Brill, Founder, Artisan, and Owner of Qet Botanicals
"As a board certified Integrative Dermatologist, I see many patients who are looking for simple, clean, environmentally friendly, natural skin care products. Over the years, I have looked at many different product lines and truly feel that Qet Botanicals offers the cleanest, most gentle skin care products I have ever seen. I don't often call out specific products, but I feel completely comfortable with anything made by Qet and often direct people to consider adding Qet products to their skin care regimens. [You can shop online, and] If you have the benefit of living in an area close to a retail store, going in to experience the products and to talk with the people that know the products inside and out is a special treat in itself!" Dr. Apple Bodemer, Board Certified Integrative Dermatologist
Our products have been approved and enjoyed by Dermatologists, Integrative Medicine Practitioners, Naturopathic Doctors, Acupuncturists, and Estheticians. We see their patients in person and they shop with us online per their recommendations.
We're proud to announce that every one of our treatments that fits into the EWG VERIFIED™ program has been approved and is Verified.
It’s time to let nature in and send the chemicals out. We’ve kept our care systems for face, body, and hair simple yet very specific, delicately balancing essential ingredients for the best results that never compromise our health. We take pride in each ingredient and use nature’s botanicals and their proven results as our guide. Not only is this our inspiration, it’s our passion.
We use botanical oils to cleanse, heal, nurture, hydrate, protect, and deeply penetrate and moisturize all conditions of skin. The goodness that comes from our botanical oils is not made, it’s grown. We use organic ingredients whenever possible and work with those who practice sustainable farming, wild harvesting, and honesty. Each of our products are freshly hand-crafted for you. Then we stamp it with a “freshest before” date and send it on its way. Now there’s no guessing about freshness and you can feel confident knowing that the abundance of antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins are at their peak performance.
In our fresh, small batch products, there is no need for preserving with synthetic chemicals, and from the date on each product, you know when each treatment is at its peak. We maintain our reputation and the effectiveness of each ingredient by taking these extra steps and delivering only wholesome, nourishing, and efficacious products - right down to the very last drop. Additionally, the FDA does not have current regulations specifying good manufacturing practices for skin care. We do, however, adhere to the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Guidelines.
There are no residual chemicals to soak into your skin, and you get only the purest form of each exquisite ingredient fresh and right at your fingertips. Perfect for all skin and hair conditions, our original, botanical-based treatments offer something (beautiful results!) for everyone.
Luckily for us, effectiveness and sustainability go hand in hand. That's why you will find our products made with pure, wholesome, sustainable ingredients with minimal packaging and recyclable containers. As a member of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, we strictly adhere to this Red List Chemicals of Concern, as well as avoiding literally hundreds and hundreds of other harmful ingredients ~ the list is too long to mention. Below is a list of some of the most commonly used harmful ingredients you'll see in commercial products that have no place in our lab, in our treatments, or in our bodies.
- Organic and sustainably wild harvested ingredients certified by Oregon Tilth Certified Organic (OTCO) and recognized by the National Organic Program for the USDA.
- Our products have been approved and enjoyed by Dermatologists, Integrative Medicine Practitioners, Naturopathic Doctors, Acupuncturists, and Estheticians.
- No pre-mixed formulations. Each ingredient is carefully chosen and is of 100% true quality.
- All ingredients are 100% natural, nontoxic, and always fully disclosed.
- No pesticides, synthetic chemicals, chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or growth agents. No acids, extracts, or alcohol.
- No parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or fossil fuel derivatives.
- Our products are plant-based, cruelty-free, there is no animal testing whatsoever, and ecofriendly.
- No artificial fragrances, EDTAs, gluten, talc, or contaminant residues.
- No fillers, slipping agents, glycols, silicones, dyes, ureas, or extenders.
- Only tested on family and friends - never on animals.
- All of our products are our own formulations and are made in our private facility. Every one of our products that fits into one of the EWG VERIFIED™ categories has been approved and is now an EWG VERIFIED™ product.
- All products are proudly ranked in the safest category of Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep® database.
- Award Winning Products | Earth Day Beauty Awards in 2016, 2015, and 2014 for skin care and hair products, Editor's Choice Beauty Shortlist Award.
- We adhere to the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Guidelines when formulating all of our treatments in our private facility.
- Formulated, manufactured, filled, and shipped from our facility reducing our carbon footprint.
- Received the 2014 GDUSA Package Design Award for Sustainable Packaging.
- The Half-Box was designed and introduced to reduce materials, ink, and waste.
- Tree-free labels are made of stone and are recyclable.
- Printed materials are made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- No warehousing - all products are hand-crafted in small, fresh batches.
- Member of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics®.
- Certified Green Business with Green America®.
- Renewable energy powered web hosting.
- Carbon offsets for shipping.
It's time to refresh, revitalize, and re-love your hair.